Monday 11 April 2016

Working with mental health

"I met Sire from Noble Throne Media a few years back, he's a real Hip Hop dude. I mean this guy lives and breaths this shit. So I decided to talk to him about working together to build Noble Throne Records and take it to another level springboarding off the 6 E.Ps I have coming this year." Last year JD released his debut album 'The Transformation' with features from Hip Hop legends Stic.man of Deadprez and Genesis Elijah. All proceeds of the album went to Street Safe Derby (local homeless charity) This year JD has not slowed down. He has released one of the 6 EPs 'Black Coffee No Sugar" along with the official video "Way back home" released by Global Faction. The next EP "Built Through Pain" will be released Friday 15th April www.jdrap.bandcamp.com/album/built-through-pain with the video to the single "No Surrender" JD & Sire have teamed up with Self Taught to record a hard hitting song about Mental Health issues. "Mental health is a huge issue in the UK. People suffer in silence and don't seek help due to the "Crazy" stigma attached. I lost a very good friend to suicide when I was young and suffered with depression my self." Massive shout out to film makers Evil Unicorn for bringing the track to life with some epic, hard hitting visuals. The star of the video award has to go to long time sufferer of mental illness Pippa Nayer, who selflessly turned her struggle into art. Local actor Joe Mullen brought his star talent to the shoot and helped give that professional shine to it. Jay Rankin mixed and mastered this track to perfection and Carl and Brent of Evil Unicorn Planned, Directed, Recorded and Edited this video to a whole new level. JD plans to run some mental health work shops where he will use Hip hop to help people empower themselves against this silent killer. Due to being ignored by certain big project funders when submitting applications to fund this project we feel the need to call on the public to help raise £7000 through this go fund me account www.gofundme.com/5qwzh5e4 Which will run the project for a full year. Anyone can turn up and take part and we urge people to do so if you suffer in silence. The most important thing you can do is take charge of the issue with like minded people. This video is sure to hit home with four separate stories carefully woven together with the theme of dealing with depression running throughout. Needless to say, with the support of the people of Derby JD will be able to make a difference and maybe save some lives. "When I was at my worst with suffering from depression I know that my music, exercise, healthy eating and support from other people were what got me through, this is what I am offering with this project."

No comments:

Post a Comment